Hope everyone had a great Bank Holiday! Hope you had a good one. I had a great time chilling with friends, catching up with family and visiting the amazing Wookey Hole Caves yesterday. There was even a witch and dinosaurs, what more do you want on a Bank Holiday??
On Saturday, I went to my lovely cousin’s for a BBQ. Unfortunately in true British weather form, it was raining but that didn’t stop us having great family times with fantastic food. Not wanting to turn up empty handed, I made some cookies to take with me. Not just normal boring cookies. Toffee Popcorn and Choc Chip Cookies. Say What?? I found the recipe on the brilliant Completely Delicious blog and knew I needed to make these for my cousin. Sugary chewy nuggets of the popcorn with the rich dark chocolate in a crumbly cookie , perfect to smuggle into the cinema too!
Adapted from Completely Delicious
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Free-Range Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cup Toffee Popcorn
- Oven to 170C. Line three baking trays with parchment paper, you’ll have to do some tray juggling.
- In a sexy Kitchenaid mixer, pop in the butter and the two sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the egg beat until mixed through. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the flour and baking soda, until you’ve got a nice dough. Quickly mix in the chocolate and the popcorn. The popcorn will break down a bit but you want nice chunks. Roll into roughly 18 balls of dough and place 6 on each tray, evenly spaced out.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until nice and crisp. Enjoy when warm with a glass of milk.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies, Chocolate
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!