There are some treats that are simple but oh so delicious. Toblerone chocolate being one. Milk chocolate studded with irresistible nuggets of honey and almond nougat. What’s not to like? How about putting the chocolate in a buttery crisp cookie? This recipe for Toblerone cookies will satisfy all chocolate fans alike, mainly because there’s so much chocolate packed into these cookies!
A tip I’ve found is to buy two Toblerones because once your family have seen you have one, they will want to tuck in straight away, and these cookies take a whole standard Toblerone bar (360g!!) so you don’t want to be short for these brilliant cookies. The dough will look like there isn’t enough to hold that amount of chocolate, but trust me they do!
Some of the nougat will caramelise beautifully under the cookie and some of the chocolate will stay wickedly gooey. The twelve cookies didn’t last a day in my house, and promise they won’t in yours either!
I used an ice cream scoop to portion out the dough, I’m rubbish at the quality control of portioning dough, so this really helps. Spread the dough out more than I did in my photo above as I portioned the dough up then transferred across the three trays as these will be giant cookies when baked!Print
Makes 12 Cookies
- 115g Unsalted Butter
- 110g Brown Sugar
- 65g Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Free-Range Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 155g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 360g Toblerone Chocolate, cut into chunks (will be one whole bar)
- Oven to 170C. Line three baking trays with parchment paper, you’ll have to do some tray juggling. Cut the Toblerone triangles into big chunks and set aside.
- In a sexy Kitchenaid mixer, pop in the butter and the two sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the egg beat until mixed through. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda, until you’ve got a nice dough. Quickly mix in the chocolate chunks until just mixed in. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop 12 balls on the trays, four cookies per tray, evenly spaced out.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until nice and crisp. Enjoy when warm with a glass of milk.
- Category: Cookies, Chocolate
- Method: Baking
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!