This time last year, I shared a recipe for Festive Stollen Brownies with gooey marzipan and plump vine fruit. This year, I give you a recipe for Stroopwafels Brownies. Madness you say! Hear me out. The slightly warming spiced waffles, all buttery, sandwiched with rich caramel, then these beauties dotted throughout the best brownies you’ll ever make with extra caramel for good measure.
With time being a premium at this time of year, this is an ideal recipe to make when you need to produce something to impress but don’t want too much faff. The brownie mix is a one-pan mix, so minimal washing up as well as once it’s poured into the tin, you can pop it in the oven, get some job done before your house is permeated with the smell of baked brownies.
You can pick up Stroopwafels from most supermarkets now or you can pick them up online.
Happy festive baking!
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 500g Caster Sugar
- 100g Cocoa Powder
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 4 Large Free Range Eggs
- 290g Stroopwafels/ Caramel Waffles, diced
- 100g Salted Caramel
- Oven to 180C, line a large tin with straight sides with parchment, 22×28.5cm or 8.5×11.25” and put to one side. In a large pan, melt the butter, sugar and cocoa powder over low heat, until the butter has melted completely.
- Take off the heat and cool slightly, mix in the eggs one at a time, then mix in the flour until completely mixed in.
- Dice the Stroopwafels and stir into the batter. Using teaspoon-size blobs of the caramel, place them across the surface of batter and bake for 25- 30 minutes, until still gooey inside.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting and serving to the happy crowds.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Chocolate, Dessert
- Method: Baking
Got brownie fever? How about making some festive Stollen Brownies? Brownies with Dulce de Leche with Sea Salt? Bad Day Brownies with Nutella and Crunchy Peanut Butter?
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!