Soon sadly the Summer days will be drawing to a close and the colder Autumn snap will in full force. But I will let you into my secret in how I’m gonna stay a happy cheerful camper throughout the colder days. Mexican Hot Chocolate. A pinch of warming cinnamon and a hint of fiery chilli paired with the dark Mexican chocolate is the recipe for preventing me from going into hibernation this Winter. Also takes less than 5 minutes to make so have the ingredients on hand when you need a boost.
I used Taza’s Mexican chocolate to create this hot chocolate as I some left over from my Cocoa Runner’s parcel but you can use a bar of great dark chocolate to make your own.Print
Makes 1 Big Cup
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 100g Dark Chocolate/Mexican Chocolate
- A Large Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- A Tiny Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- In a small saucepan, place all the ingredients and over gentle, stirring to melt the chocolate and bring to the boil.
- Pour into your favourite mug and curl up to stave off the cold.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks, Chocolate
- Cuisine: Mexican
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!