This recipe is a celebration of all things Oreo, there’s not one but three different types of Oreo’s that make up this delicious dessert. This Oreo Cake with Oreo Frosting uses a rich, soft fudgy cake studded with chopped Double Stuff Oreos, then a fluffy Oreo buttercream frosting and finally super cute little mini Oreo’s for decoration. The crisp biscuits against the soft sponge make for a real treat for any Oreo fans!
I used the chocolate cake recipe I made for my brother’s wedding cake as there is melted chocolate and using muscovado sugar for a wickedly delicious cake and the cream filling of the Oreo’s create pockets of creaminess in the baked cake. You want to blitz the Oreo’s for the frosting fine for the frosting, the cream filling will lump a bit, this means you’ll need to use a wide nozzle to pipe the frosting as if you use a small one, the cream filling will clump the nozzle making it a bit messy to get an even decoration.
If you can’t get your hands on the Double Stuff Oreo’s you can use the standard Oreo’s and that’s the same for the mini Oreo’s, you can use standard Oreo’s cut into wedges or crushed to a crumb to scatter over the top.
Equipment You'll NeedPrint
Makes 8 Mini Loafs
For the Cake –
- 200ml Whole Milk
- 100g Dark Chocolate Drops
- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 225g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 125g Self Raising Flour
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 100g Double Stuff Oreos, roughly chopped
For the Frosting –
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Icing Sugar
- 8 Oreos, blitzed to a powder
- A splash of Milk
For Decorating –
- 32 Mini Oreo Biscuits
- Oven to 180C. Place the paper loaf cases onto a baking tray and set them aside. In a large pan, melt the dark chocolate, whole milk and a third of the sugar until smooth over low heat. Remove and cool.
- Cream the butter and remaining sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mix in the flour and cocoa powder until no streaks. Mix in the cooled chocolate mix, the mixture will be fairly loose, use an ice cream scoop to distribute the batter evenly between the cases. Scatter over the chopped Double Stuff Oreos over each case, poking in some into the batter.
- Bake for 25 mins until risen and springy. Allow to cool before frosting.
- Make the frosting, beat the butter until fluffy, slowly add in the icing sugar, mixing well. Fold in the crushed Oreos, add a splash of milk if the frosting is too thick.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag with a plain nozzle. Piping the frosting across the top of each loaf. Decorate with the Mini Oreo’s.
- Category: Chocolate, Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Save this recipe to Pinterest, by saving the below pins!