Easter is around the corner and everyone is gearing up to eat your body weight in chocolates and hot cross buns. I want to go to the source, Easter Bunny I’m coming for you! Watch it.
To lure Mr Bunny, I’m going to use my mum’s well-loved Carrot Cake recipe, get it- bunnies love carrots and so does food nerds. This cake rocks and has been a family favourite for years. It has a great cream cheese frosting, which isn’t as sweet as a normal buttercream frosting so you can decorate it with plenty of your Easter chocolate.
I’ve given you the timings to make one big cake which is great for family times but also the individual loaf cases, which is an easier way of taking to the office to share these delicious cakes.Print
- 175g Soft Brown Sugar
- 200ml Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 175g Carrot (coarsely grated)
- 220g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven the oven to 150c. Grease or line a 28 x 18 x 4 cm tin and set aside. Or place 6 mini loaf cases on a baking tray.
- Mix all cake ingredients together, spread evenly in the tin and bake centre of the oven for approx 40 mins until the cake is nicely risen and shrunk slightly away from the side of the tin. If using the mini loaf cases, fill 3/4 full and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Cool on a rack before frosting.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter until nice and fluffy, add the cream cheese and beat well. Slowly add the extract and the icing sugar and beat until lovely. Try not to eat it all before getting any on the cake!
- Spread over the cooled cake, decorate with Easter chocolates and get ready to pounce on the waiting Easter Bunny to steal his eggs.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!