Easter is around the corner and everyone is gearing up to eat your body weight in chocolates and hot cross buns. I want to go to the source, Easter Bunny I’m coming for you! Watch it.
(Side note, growing up me and my bro had a pet rabbit for Easter one year, being a chocolate coloured bunny, we called him Chocolate Fudge, (not embarrassing when called out at the vets) and he lived to a grand old age) Parents take note – an awesome present.
To lure Mr Bunny, I’m going to use my mum’s well-loved Carrot cake, get it- bunnies love carrots and so does food nerds. This cake rocks and has been a family favourite for years. Don’t worry I will share my stolen Easter egg bounty with my mum.
Obviously, Jessica Rabbit isn’t the Easter Bunny, more like a fox, but I do think if I eat this cake I too will be as sexy as her. (Yes I know she’s a cartoon but hey I’m a child of the ’80’s)Print
- 175g Soft Brown Sugar
- 200ml Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 175g Carrot (coarsely grated)
- 220g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven the oven to 150c. Grease or line a 28 x 18 x 4 cm tin and set aside.
- Mix all cake ingredients together, spread evenly in tin and bake centre of the oven for approx 40 mins until the cake is nicely risen and shrunk slightly away from the side of the tin. Cool on a rack before frosting.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter until nice and fluffy, add the cream cheese and beat well. Slowly add the extract and the icing sugar and beat until lovely (try not to eat it all before getting any on the cake!) Spread over the cooled cake, decorate with Easter chocolates and get ready to pounce on the waiting Easter Bunny to steal his eggs.
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!