I love films and have watched quite a few over the years, some greats some might not be seen as a cinematic great. I may lose readers when I say that I’ve never seen Star Wars ….or Lord of the Rings… oops. And up until two weeks ago, I had never seen Top Gun either. A guy I work with was very confused by this and insisted constantly that I should see it.
Well, luckily my friend held her 29th birthday in her beautiful garden where we had a pizza making and Top Gun night in the beautiful Summer weather. My friend is the ultimate party host, there was every detail you could possibly think of. Every topping for our personalised pizzas, our own cardboard take away pizza boxes, popcorn cups, ice creams in seller trays like in theatres and hot dogs at halftime. Strong work!
Then we got down to serious film business and watched Tom Cruise being the best of the best with Goose. Can’t say it will become my favourite film of all time but was great to give it a watch under the stars with my good friends. You always need good treats when watching films so I bought some brownies with me, which didn’t actually last too long! Check out the recipe below for these great brownies.Print
This makes a huge tray of brownies so don’t be put off by the size of some of the ingredients!
- 500g Unsalted Butter
- 1 kg Caster Sugar
- 250g Cocoa Powder
- 8 Large Free Range Eggs
- 200g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tin of Dulce de Leche
- Big pinch of Sea Salt Flakes
- Oven to 180C. Line a large roasting dish with parchment paper. In a large pan melt the butter with the sugar and cocoa powder over medium heat until the butter has melted completely.
- Take off the heat and cool slightly, mix in the eggs one at a time, then mix in the vanilla and fold in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and using two spoons, add the blobs of dulce de leche on top of the batter and sprinkle over the sea salt on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. There will still be a wobble but will firm upon standing. And get tucked in.
- Category: Brownies
- Cuisine: American
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!