Last year I bought you the Ryan Gosling Blue Valentine Cupcakes. This year I bring you cupcakes with his face on. Ryan Gosling Cupcakes. You’re welcome.
I am well aware of how weird this is. But who can blame me when his face is so damn good to look at?? I want to know if any girl hasn’t cried whilst watching The Notebook, I think it’s actually humanly impossible. The first time my new housemate watched it with us, we thought we had broken our happy go, lucky friend, as the tears just wouldn’t stop.
I also love Crazy, Stupid, Love. So much. If you haven’t seen it, add it to your Valentine’s night movie watching list, NOW!
Shockingly, I am single this Valentines Day. Maybe my obsession with a certain actor… So this year I will be having a Galentines Evening (thanks to Leslie Knope) with my girlfriends, with plenty of wine, pizza, ice cream, romcom’s and these beauties. For Galentines Day, you want something pretty and colourful. I went with the classic Red Velvet Cupcakes but with an added treat of an edible topper of Ryan Gosling’s face. That’s right. His face. In a weird and creepy way, you can get most celebrities edible way on Amazon.
I used Peggy Porschen’s Red Velvet recipe from her cupcake book my cousin kindly got me.
So if you’re curled up with your significant other or just hanging out with your friends, why not make these sweet treats for your sweets and share the love.Print
Adapted from Peggy Porschen Cupcakes.
- 120 g Unsalted Butter
- 320 g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 275 g Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 260 g Buttermilk
- 7 tsp Red Food Colouring
- 1 1/2 tsp White Wine Vinegar (you won’t taste it in the cupcakes!)
- 1 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 250 g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 250 g Unsalted Butter (softened )
- 625 g Icing Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Edible Decorations
- Oven to 170C, line two 12 hole muffin trays with cases. Place the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla in a bowl and cream until pale and fluffy. Lightly beat the eggs in a jug and slowly add to the butter mixture while beating quickly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder (grated chocolate), food colouring and buttermilk until there are no flour lumps and mix until the butter mixture until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar, fold into the batter quickly. Fill the cases up until two-thirds full. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the tops are dry. Leave to cool completely.
- Make the frosting. Place the cream cheese in a bowl and soften until creamy and smooth. In a stand mixer bowl, beat the butter and a third of the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Repeat with another third of the sugar until combined, and finish with the last third of the sugar and vanilla extract. Beat in the cream cheese to the icing until lump free. Chill until ready to pipe.
- Scope the icing into a piping bag and swirl on top of the cakes to cover the top. Finish with an edible hunk and sprinkles.
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!