I’ve hit the wall this week. A wall that can only be broken down with something slightly boozy and something slightly naughty. I give you Frozen Melon Daiquiri consumed on a Thursday evening as the weekend is in sight. Super refreshing with a boozy kick to melt away the stresses of the week.
Ok confession time, this recipe should have been a sexy sorbet. However, I and Bex got carried away with the rum content and put in a cup rum not a third or half in it, it did not freeze. Being resourceful girls, we popped the slushy mix into margarita glasses and toasted to the weekend. Live it, learn it, kids. The below recipe should freeze beautifully. Also depending on the melon you use, it may look like Slimer from Ghostbusters has paid you a visit.Print
Serves: 10-12 people depending on how bad your week was
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Ripe Gala/Cantaloupe Melon (roughly 2 lbs. peeled and seeded)
- 1/3 cup White Rum (or a booze of your choice, I happened to have a lot left over from camping on the weekend.)
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Allow cooling. This is called a simple syrup and can be used for cocktail making too.
- Cut the cantaloupe into large chunks and puree in a food processor or blender with the simple syrup. Stir in the rum
- Pour into an ice cream machine bowl (frozen) and churn until you have a sexy sorbet. You can eat it straight from the bowl or pour into a container to freeze to a firmer texture.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American