We’re carrying on a very sweet theme of S’mores, today a recipe for S’mores Chelsea Buns. Soft enriched dough with a filling of caramelised digestive biscuit crumbs, gooey marshmallows and studded with dark chocolate chips. The mixture of the butter, digestive biscuits, sugar and marshmallows melt together to make a wheaty frangipane mixture for the decadent sticky buns without a campfire.Print
- 50 ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 25 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 350 g Strong White Bread Flour
- 7 g Dried Active Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 25 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Free Range Egg
- 125 g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 100 g Digestive Biscuits (finely ground )
- 200 g Caster Sugar (mixed with the ground biscuits)
- 150 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 100 g Mini Marshmallows
- Warm the milk, vanilla and butter in a small pan until the butter is melted and warm to touch. In a stand mixer bowl, add the bread flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Then add to the dry ingredients the egg and warm milk mixture.
- Mix the dough on low in the mixer with a dough hook attachment, until all the ingredient come together. Then increase the speed and knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl and leave until doubled in size, I like to use a clean shower cap.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle 8×6″, spread the softened butter over the dough surface. Sprinkle the digestive biscuit and sugar mixture all over the butter.
- Sprinkle over the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips over the biscuit crumb evenly. Roll the dough from the long edge into a sausage.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Some of the filling will fall out, just tuck it the runaway marshmallows and chips when they do. Place cut side up on a parchment lined tray and leave at room temperature until doubled.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes until golden and sticky. Allow to cool slightly before tucking into the S’mores sticky buns.
- Category: Dessert, Buns
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!