Head deep, deep down in the Congo with these Um Bongo Truffles
- 250 g Dark Chocolate Drops
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 100 ml Um Bongo Tropical Juice
- 50 g Peach Freeze-dried Powder
- 50 g Pineapple Freeze-dried Powder
- 30 g Peach Freeze-dried Powder
- 80 g Popping Candy
- 30 g Pineapple Freeze-dried Powder
- In a medium saucepan, mix the cream, Um Bongo and freeze-dried powders. The mixture may be thick but as the cream heats the mixture will melt down. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- Pour the warm cream mixture over the chocolate drops in a bowl. Leave to sit for 1 minute then stir until the mixture is nice and smooth. Cover and chill for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Mix the extra freeze dried fruit powders and popping candy into a bowl. Wearing food gloves, take a walnut size or slightly bigger amount of the ganache, roll and then roll into the popping candy mixture. Place on parchment to set
- Enjoy as soon as you finish as the moisture from the ganache will activate the popping candy.
- Category: Confectionery, Chocolate
- Cuisine: American, British