Adapted from Miette Cookery Book
- 200g Shortcrust Pastry (I made my own or shop bought is fine)
- 1 cup Pecan Halves
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Golden Syrup
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Large Free-Range Eggs
- 2 tbsp Double Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Oven to 170C. Roll out the pastry to line a 7″ pie tin. Line with parchment paper and weigh down (I used black Japanese rice but baking beans is fine!) Bake for 15 minutes until the pastry is dry. Remove the parchment and beans and bake for another 5 mins. Cool and set aside.
- Spread the pecans on a baking tray and toast for 8-10 mins, should smell amazing. Remove from the tray to a bowl to stop cooking the nuts. Cool.
- In a stand mixer, mix the sugar, the syrups, eggs, double cream, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Select some nice looking pecans to decorate the top of the pie (approx. 20 halves), pour the rest of the nuts in the pastry case and top with the sugar mixture. Carefully place the nice looking pecans on top and press slightly down into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 mins, cover the top with foil if the nuts are browning too much. You want a slightly set middle to the pie. Allow to cool completely.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or just out of the pan with 3 forks!
- Category: Pies, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American