Plenty for an undead party
- 2 cups Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Medium Free Range Egg
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Lots of Icing Sugar
- Lots of Artificial Food Colours
- Oven to 170C. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy and pale. Add the egg and vanilla and beat in.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until a dough forms. Turn out on to a well-floured work surface. Roll between two large pieces of parchment paper to 1/4″ to 3/8″ thick and cut into the undead! Remove some heads and arms on some of them.
- Place on a parchment covered trays and place in the freezer for 5 minutes as this will help to keep the shape.
- Bake for 10- 14 mins depending on the size, cool for a few minutes on the tray before transfer to a cooling rack.
- While they are cooling, in separate bowls mix roughly 75g of icing sugar with an artificial food colour with a small splash of water and mix till you have a thick paste. Scoop into a plain piping bag and using a food tie secure the top. Continue making up all the colours you want and when ready snip a small end of the bag so you have a fine line of icing to work with.
- Bring your cookies to LIFE with the icing and get creative!
- Category: Biscuits, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American