Deliciously gooey marzipan chocolate brownies orange plump vine fruits.
- Ideally, the night before you want to make the brownies, in a bowl, mix the orange juice, zest, vine fruits and spices. Cover and leave to plump up. If pushed for time try to leave for an hour or so.
- Oven to 180C, line a large tin with straight sides with parchment, 22×28.5cm or 8.5×11.25” and put to one side. In a large pan, melt the butter, sugar and cocoa powder over low heat, until the butter has melted completely.
- Take off the heat and cool slightly, mix in the eggs one at a time, then mix in the soaked fruit, any remaining liquid, as well as the flour until all mixed in.
- Grate the marzipan and scatter over the surface of the batter and bake for 25- 30 minutes, until still gooey inside.
- At the last five minutes of baking, in a small pan, melt the 50g extra butter. When the brownie comes out the oven, brush the whole surface with the melted butter and liberally dust over the icing sugar to give it the nice stollen surface. Allow cooling completely before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, German