- 275 ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 50 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 700 g Strong White Bread Flour
- 14 g Dried Active Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 125 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 100 g Digestive Biscuits finely ground and mixed with 200g Caster Sugar
- 150 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 100 g Mini Marshmallows
- Warm the milk, vanilla and butter in a small pan until the butter is melted and warm to touch. In a stand mixer bowl, add the bread flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Then add to the dry ingredients the eggs and warm milk mixture.
- Mix the dough on low in the mixer with a dough hook attachment, until all the ingredient come together. Then increase the speed and knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl and leave until doubled in size, I like to use a clean shower cap.
- In separate bowls, lay out the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Another bowl of the digestive biscuit and sugar mixture and another for the melted butter. With some of the melted butter, brush a 2-litre bunt tin.
- Pinch the dough into small balls, flatten each piece of dough and place a couple of marshmallows and chocolate chips in the centre and gather the edges together to make an enclosed ball.
- Dip the stuffed dough ball in the melted butter and roll the coated ball into the digestive biscuit crumbs and sugar mixture. Place into the ball into the buttered tin.
- Continue with the dough, marshmallows, chocolate and biscuit crumb until the tin is full. Leave at room temperature for 45 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, bake for 35 minutes until golden brown. Leave in the tin for ten 10 minutes to cool slightly. Turn it onto a serving plate and give the tin a sharp tap to release the bread. Leave the tin on the bread until cooled so it keeps its shape.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Buns, Chocolate
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American