Nice to get some charred flavour to the wrapper.
- 20 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pork Chop (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chinese Plum Sauce
- A pinch Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Lime (juice)
- a few leaves of Chinese Cabbage (shredded)
- In a large bowl, add the ingredients (not including the wrappers or oil.) Using clean hands, mush in all the ingredients and make sure all the nice flavours are nicely mixed.
- Lay one wonton wrapper on top of the ravioli press and using your finger paint a border of water around the edge.
- Spoon roughly a teaspoon worth of the mixture onto one side of the wrapper and fold over the other side of the wrapper and line up the edges. Fold over the press and PRESS to seal the edge. Put to one side.
- Continue using up the wrappers and the filling, you may need more or fewer wrappers depending on how generous you are with your filling.
- Heat a large frying pan that has a lid, add the oil. When hot, add the dumplings and cook for 2 mins on each side, reduce the heat and add half a cup of water and cover the dumplings, cooking for 6-8 minutes. Don’t overcrowd your pan when cooking them.
- Fish the little darlings out and serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce!
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Chinese