Based on delicious magazine recipe, I used Pukka Vanilla Chai tea bags to infuse with the gelatine water. Gold luster in dusting for some extra sparkle.
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- 4 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Gold Lustre
- 120 ml Chai Tea (cooled down, made with two tea bags for a stronger flavour)
- 23 g Powdered Gelatine (normally two sachets)
- 120 ml Water
- 440 g Caster Sugar
- 160 g Golden Syrup
- Mix the cornflour, icing sugar and gold lustre together in a bowl and sift half of the mixture over the clingfilm lined tray and carefully put to one side.
- In a stand mixer bowl, add the cold chai tea and powdered gelatine and allow to absorb for 10 minutes. Fix the whisk attachment to the stand mixer.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, caster sugar and golden syrup. Over low heat, slowly dissolve the sugar, then turn up the heat to a boil until the syrup reaches 130C on a sugar thermometer. When the temperature is reached, leave to stand for a minute off the heat.
- Whisk the gelatine/chai tea mix on medium speed, adding the hot syrup slowly pouring down the side of the bowl until all the syrup is added.
- Increase the speed to maximum and whisk for 8- 10 minutes until the marshmallow becomes thick and fluffy, looks stretchy.
- Scrap the mixture into the prepared tin, try to level as much as possible. Sift over the remaining cornflour, icing sugar and gold lustre mixture over the surface. Leave uncovered overnight to dry and set.
- Turn the marshmallow out onto a chopping board and using a dusted knife in more cornflour/icing sugar/gold lustre mix, cut the marshmallows into 24 pieces. Will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Category: Confectionery, Dessert
- Cuisine: American, British, Indian