Based on delicious magazine recipe
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- 4 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 120 ml Water
- 23 g Powdered Gelatine (normally two sachets)
- 120 ml Water
- 440 g Caster Sugar
- 160 g Golden Syrup
- Mix the cornflour and icing sugar together in a bowl and sift half of the mixture over the clingfilm lined tray and carefully put to one side.
- In a stand mixer bowl, add the water and powdered gelatine and allow to absorb for 10 minutes. Fix the whisk attachment to the stand mixer.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the second lot of water, caster sugar and golden syrup. Over low heat, slowly dissolve the sugar, then turn up the heat to a boil until the syrup reaches 130C on a sugar thermometer. When the temperature is reached, leave to stand for a minute off the heat.
- Whisk the gelatine/water mix on medium speed, adding the hot syrup slowly pouring down the side of the bowl until all the syrup is added.
- Increase the speed to maximum and whisk for 8- 10 minutes until the marshmallow becomes thick and fluffy, looks stretchy.
- Scrap the mixture into the prepared tin, try to level as much as possible. Sift over the remaining cornflour and icing sugar mixture over the surface. Leave uncovered overnight to dry and set.
- Turn the marshmallow out onto a chopping board and using a dusted knife in more cornflour/icing sugar mix, cut the marshmallows into 24 pieces. Will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container, if you can last that long.
- Category: Confectionery, Dessert
- Cuisine: American, British