Makes more if you don’t eat the mixture as you go!
- 235 ml Double Cream
- 3 Limes (zested finely)
- 45 ml Tequila (as good as you can afford)
- Pinch of Sea Salt Flakes (not table)
- 300 g Dark Chocolate (I went for a 70% cocoa solids)
- 200 g Extra Dark Chocolate (for coating)
- 1 Lime (zested of decorating)
- In a large bowl, pour in the cream and lime zest, place over a pan of simmering water to heat the cream through to warm and the lime zest has infused the cream.
- When the cream is nice and warm, add the tequila, chocolate and salt. Mix till you have a sexy smooth ganache. Leave to cool at room temperature before cooling in the fridge for 30 minutes. Zest the last lime and set aside to air dry for decorating later.
- I donned some beautiful food gloves to roll my truffles, means you won’t be covering yourself and your kitchen with as many chocolatey fingerprints!
- After you got your rolling out of the way, melt the remaining chocolate. Using a fork, dip a truffle a time letting the excess dribble off before placing the coated truffle on parchment paper. Top each truffle with a little of the dried lime zest, before coating the rest of the ganache. If you can leave them to set – or coat one, eat one, coat one, eat one….
- Category: Confectionery, Dessert, Drinks, Chocolate
- Cuisine: American, Mexican