Adapted from Nigella Lawsons Recipe – added more bacon!!!
- 225g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 100g Unsalted Butter (very soft)
- 100g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Free-Range Eggs
- 75g Plain Yoghurt
- 75 ml Maple Syrup
- 6 Rashers Streaky Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 75g Pecans (chopped)
- 125g Unsalted Butter (very soft)
- 300g Icing Sugar
- 100 ml Maple Syrup
- A Splash of Milk (optional)
- 6 Rashers Streaky Bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases. Next, fry the bacon rashers until crisp. Remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper and allow to cool. Once cool, crumble them to resemble sprinkles. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, using a stand mixer until fluffy. Then beat in one egg, followed by half the dry ingredients, mixing well before adding the second egg and the remaining dry ingredients. Again, mix well, and then add the yoghurt and maple syrup, beating and folding to give a smooth batter. Fold in half the cooked bacon and chopped pecans,
- Divide the mixture among the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until a case tester comes out clean. Completely cool.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, beat in the maple syrup and slowly add the icing sugar until you get a pillow of frosting.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, top with the buttercream, using the back of a spoon to make a spiky effect, and adorn with your bacon sprinkles. Hand feeding to a tea towel with the face of a male celebrity.
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American