Add the Malt Drink Powder as it will give a slight Malteser flavour to the sponge
- 170 g Unsalted Butter
- 170 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Free Range Eggs
- 170 g Self Raising Flour
- 60 g Cocoa Powder
- 50 g Malt Drink Powder (like Horlicks or Ovaltine)
- 100 g Toblerone (into chunks)
- 60 g Unsalted Butter
- 120 g Icing Sugar
- 25 g Cocoa Powder
- 200 g Mini Cadbury’s Chocolate Fingers
- 200 g Maltesers
- 1 Birthday Candle
- Oven to 180C. Line two 8″ tins with parchment paper or the chocolate will stick to the tins.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs, one at a time. Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder and malt drink powder until you have a batter.
- Fold the Toblerone chunks into the batter. Pour have the mixture into the prepared tins and the rest in the other tin.
- Bake for 20 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the butter until soft and fluffy. Beat in the icing sugar and cocoa powder in stages.
- Place one of the cooled cakes on to a plate and add a third of the icing to the middle and smooth out to the sides. Top with the other cake. Using the remaining icing, cover the top and sides of both cakes. This will be the glue for your biscuits and Maltesers.
- Stick the chocolate Fingers all around the edge, covering the cake sides. Top with as many Maltesers you can put on the top, eating the remaining – chef perks.
- Decorate with a birthday candle and spoil the birthday boy or girl.
- Category: Cake, Chocolate
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British