Ingredients for one bottle of gin
- 750 ml Good Quality Vodka
- 3 tbsp Juniper Berries
- 2 tbsp Roasted Cocoa Nibs
- 1 tsp Dried Cherries
- 1 tsp Dried Blueberries
- 1 tsp Soft Brown Sugar
- A Small Piece of Dried Grapefruit Peel
- Sterilise a clean mason jar with boiling water.
- Add the botanicals to the jar, minus any fresh peel. Top up the jar with the vodka.
- Leave to infuse in a cool dark place for 24 hours.4. Taste the infusion, add any fresh peel and any extra botanicals whose flavour you want to boost.
- Leave for another 24 hours, giving the jar a gentle shake at least once. Don’t over infuse or the flavours will be too overpowering.
- Filter out any botanicals with a sieve, if there is still some sediment left, use some muslin to filter again.
- Leave the liquid to sit for a few days and then filter out any more remaining sediment.
- Bottle your gin! Enjoy straight with ice or test out with mixers that complement your botanical blend.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: British