- Oven to 190C. Butter an 8-inch square cake tin and line the bottom with parchment paper. Layer the diced peach on the base of the tin and sprinkle over the brown sugar and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar at high speed until it is light and fluffy. Turn down the speed to medium and add the eggs yolks, ricotta, lemon zest and juice and mix until smooth. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin on top of the peach cubes and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then carefully invert onto the rack to cool completely.
- Serve with fresh slices of white peaches and wine, definitely serve with wine.
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British