I quadrupled this recipe as I had so many raspberries to use but this will make a good amount!
- 1lb of Raspberries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 3 cups of Vodka (80 proof)
- 1 1/4 cup Caster sugar
- Decant the vodka into a large jug.
- However possible (we used a piping bag) place the raspberries into the empty vodka bottle or a tight screw top glass bottle.
- Add to the bottle the sugar and vodka, a funnel is really handy here. Screw on the lid and shake until the sugar starts to dissolve. It won’t completely but also helps to break down the raspberries a bit.
- Leave in a dark cupboard for as long as you can bear. Hopefully 3 months! Come back soon to see the next steps of straining.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Home Preserving
- Cuisine: British