- 20 Elderflower Heads (bugs knocked out)
- 350g Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Lemon (sliced)
- 500ml Boiling Water
- In a large pan, add the sugar, lemon slices and elderflower heads. Pour over the boiling water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Leave to cool, covered.
- Leave to stand overnight.
- Sterilise a 500ml jam jar or Kilner jar with boiling water. Using a clean square of muslin, strain the cordial through into the jar. Squeeze the lemon slices into the jar too.
- Tightly screw on the lid and chill. Add to gin and tonic’s, prosecco or simply to lemonade.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drinks, Home Preserving
- Method: Home Preserving
- Cuisine: British