Ready to be made into lovely naughty recipes
- 350 g Salt (table salt is fine)
- 150 g White Caster Sugar
- 10 g Lightly Crushed Black Peppercorns
- 10 g Lightly Crushed Coriander Seeds
- 500 g Pork Belly (in one piece)
- Mix all the cure ingredients and pop it into a nice sandwich bag. Place the pork belly into a Tupperware container and sprinkle over the cure mixture, making sure it’s well covered. Try not to get meaty hands in the remaining salt cure as any you don’t use, you can save for the next time. Cover with a lid and place in the fridge.
- The next day, pour off any liquid that has come out of the belly. Sprinkle more of the cure over the belly until nicely covered. Cover and place in the fridge and repeat each day for 7 days in total.
- When ready to use, I rinsed the belly off under some running water to remove any excess water, pat dry with kitchen towel and wrap in parchment until needed.
- Category: Meat, Savoury
- Method: Home Preserving
- Cuisine: British