Delicious with a strong coffee.
Based on a recipe from BBC Good Food.
- 100 g Hazelnuts (skinned, roasted and ground)
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 100 g ’00’ Flour
- 100 g Dark Chocolate (75% Cocoa Solids )
- In a bowl, add the ground hazelnuts, sugar and butter, with a hand mixer beat until the butter is creamed and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour to the mixture until mixed in. Then using your hands, bring the dough together to a ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 180C and line baking trays with parchment.
- Using a teaspoon amount of the dough, roll into balls and set on the tray 2cm apart for spreading. Continue with all the dough. Bake for 10 mins until golden, may need a couple of extra minutes if yours are a little larger. Cool completely.
- Using a Bain Marie, gently melt the chocolate. Spread a small amount of chocolate on half the cooled biscuit bases, with the chocolate upright. Leave for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set a bit before sandwiching with the remaining biscuits.
- Leave the biscuits to set completely before serving with a strong coffee.
- Category: Biscuits, Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean