A simple recipe for these delicious sweets.
- 1 1/2 cup Mango or Strawberry Puree
- 2 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Liquid Pectin
- Prepare an 8×8-inch square pan by lining it with parchment paper or use a silicone pan.
- Cook mango puree and sugar together in a medium saucepan over low heat until they form a very thick syrup. Depending on the thickness of your puree, it will take between 30 minutes – 1 hour. The syrup should thickly coat the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Once the syrup has thickened enough, add the butter and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pectin while hot. Pour immediately into prepared pan.
- Allow cooling to room temperature. Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate overnight until set.
- Once the pate de fruit is completely set, cut them into small squares with a knife dipped in water. They can be rolled in caster sugar or left plain. The sugar makes it easier to store and stack, as it prevents them from sticking together.
- Pate de fruit can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Confectionery
- Cuisine: French