Adapted from Joy’s Recipe
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Soft Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 1 Large Free-Range Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Pistachio Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Pistachios (shelled and roughly chopped)
- Smoked Sea Salt Flakes (for sprinkling)
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter, the sugars until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and beat for 1 minute. Add the vanilla and pistachio extracts, until mixed in.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until well mixed. Beat in the chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Scoop the dough, about 2 tbsps of the mixture (I used half the amount as they were pretty chunky bad boys!) About 6 cookies to a tray and leave plenty of space between them to spread. Sprinkle with smoked sea salt.
- Bake until golden brown, around 10-12 minutes. Let them cool for 5 mins before removing from the tray. Can’t say they will hang around too long!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies, Chocolate
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American