Adapted from Nigella Lawson, Nigella Express Cookery Book
- 150g Marshmallows (mini or large white, needs the cornflour dusting)
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 250g Good Quality Dark Chocolate
- 60 ml Hot Water (from a recently boiled kettle)
- 284 ml Double Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan. Over a gentle heat, melt the ingredients, stirring every now and again, until the marshmallows have completely melted through and there are no lumps. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- In a Kitchenaid mixer, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour or scrape into 4 glasses or ramekins, about 175ml / ¾ cup each in capacity, or 6 smaller (125ml / ½ cup) ones, and chill until you want to eat. Get ready to dive straight into chocolate heaven.
- Category: Chocolate, Desserts
- Cuisine: American