Adapted from Averie Cooks
- 1 Large Free-Range Egg
- 1 cup Biscuit Butter, (or peanut butter works well too!)
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place the egg, Biscuit Butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer and whisk on high speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, cornflour, cinnamon, baking soda on low speed until mixed. If the mixture looks too tacky or sticky add a few more tablespoons of flour to firm up the mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using about two tablespoons of the mixture roll into balls and place on the lined baking tray, well spaced out. Repeat with all the mixture. Chill for a couple of hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes as they will firm up on cooling and you want them soft and chewy in the middle.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk.
- Category: Cookies, Chocolate
- Method: Baking