- 175g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Free Range
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 3tbsp Thick Cut Marmalade
- Zest of 1 Orange, more for decorating
For Mascarpone Frosting –
- 125g Mascarpone
- 60g Icing Sugar
- 120ml Double Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Oven to 180C, line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper and set aside. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then add in the flour. Mix in the marmalade and zest until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, bake for 35-40 minutes, until the skewer comes out clean, cover with parchment if the top starts to darken too much. Remove and leave to cool completely before decorating.
- Make the frosting, in a stand mixer, beat briefly the mascarpone to soften, add in the icing sugar, mix in slowly. Add in the cream and whip until it just thickens, careful not to over whip!.
- Gently pile the frosting on the top of cooled cake, spreading it out to the edges. Top with more orange zest.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British