Makes 24 Truffles
- 235ml Double Cream
- 3 tbsp Espresso Fresh Ground Beans
- 45ml Amarula Cream Liquor
- 300g Dark Chocolate Drops
- In a large pan, pour in the cream with the coffee grounds, bring the cream to the boil. While heating put the chocolate and Amarula Cream Liquor in a glass bowl.
- Once the cream has come to the boil, take off the heat and leave for 5 minutes for the coffee to infuse. Strain through a fine sieve over the chocolate. Mix until you have a smooth ganache and the chocolate has melted through. Allow to cool at room temperature, cover with cling film. Leave to set. If you put the mixture in the fridge, then it will become too hard to roll.
- I use food-grade disposable gloves to roll the truffles, means you won’t be covering the whole kitchen in chocolate prints.
- Cover a work surface with parchment paper, using teaspoons of the mixture, roll the ganache into even balls. Repeat until all the mixture is rolled.
- Melt the remaining chocolate, using a fork, dip a truffle a time, letting the excess dribble off before placing the coated truffle on the parchment. Top each truffle with a pinch of edible glitter for a flourish, leave to set before tucking in!
- Category: Chocolate, Truffles
- Method: Confectionery