Makes 8 Muffins
- 125g Self-Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Strong Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 3 tsp Marmite
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Large Free Range Egg, beaten
- Whole Milk, enough to make the beaten egg up to 250ml
- 60ml Vegetable Oil
- 50g Strong Cheddar Cheese, grated for the top
- Oven to 180C, place 8 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Mix the flour and baking powder into a bowl with the grated cheese. In half teaspoon amounts, dot the marmite over the grated Cheddar. Gently mix the marmite to coat the cheese and flour, don’t mix too much you want marmite pockets.
- In a jug add the mustard, egg, milk mixture and oil, whisk until mixed. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed (you don’t have to be too thorough and don’t worry if the mixture looks sloppy).
- Using an ice scoop, scoop the mixture into the cases evenly, careful not drop the mix on the case edges.
- Scatter the remaining cheese over the surface of the muffins. Bake for 18- 20 minutes. Leave for a few minutes to cool before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm with a salad.
- Category: Savoury, Cheese
- Method: Baking