Makes 25 Pieces
- 140g Unsalted Butter, Browned to make 115g Brown Butter
- 1 can of Condensed Milk (397g)
- 150ml Whole Milk
- 450g Caster Sugar
- Line a 8×8″ tin with parchment and put to one side.
- Start with browning the butter, in a large stainless steel saucepan, add the butter and heat over medium heat. Once melted the butter will foam up a bit, then subside. Lightly browned specks begin to form at the bottom of the pan. Should be starting to smell nutty.
- Take the butter off the heat, stir in the condensed milk, milk and caster sugar into the butter. Over a lower heat, stir until the bottom of the pan doesn’t feel gritty with sugar at the bottom.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil, boil the mixture for 10-15 minutes, careful of the hot sugar, stir the mixture constantly so it doesn’t catch on the bottom. The mixture will have thickened nicely.
- Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool completely before touching. Leave overnight to set and cut into even squares. Enjoy with a strong coffee!
- Category: Confectionery, Sweet Treats
- Method: Baking